We've long been strong advocates for mobile phone billing. Not only is it an extremely convenient way to deposit at mobile casinos, but it's also very affordable and totally secure. You probably have seen the name Payforit featured at online casinos before, but might not have been totally aware what it means. This article will explain all of the ins and outs of this mobile phone billing system, consider its pros and cons and advise you which are the best casinos which offer it as a depositing method. Let's talk mobile phone billing!
When you check out a new casino, you might consider the size of the welcome bonus, the number of extra spins they offer, and the games that are available on mobile. However, one thing that we'd always advise you to find out is what depositing methods they have available. Among the logos of bank cards, e-wallets and pre-paid options, you can often spot the logo of Payforit too.
Although you might be tempted to think that Payforit is some sort of a for-profit payment organisation in its own right, it couldn't be further from the truth. The reality is that Payforit is simply a means for network providers to charge digital services, such as mobile casino deposits, straight to your monthly phone bill or deduct it from your prepaid balance.
In other words, it's a trust mark that's supported by four major networks – EE, O2, Vodafone and Three. If you're with one of those networks, you can use Payforit without having to register for any account and without needing credit or debit card details.
That said, the providers themselves might ask you to register or input some details before making your purchase, i.e. mobile casino deposit, but this is usually much more straight forward than registering and funding an e-wallet account.
So, Payforit isn't like Neteller or a MasterCard. It is simply a logo that you can recognise as a sign that the payment system of that website is trusted by the network providers and that your money will be dealt with in a transparent and completely safe manner. Payforit doesn't handle any of the money that's transferred – it's simply an organisation that oversees mobile payments and ensures smooth consumer experience.
How do I use it to deposit by phone?
Micropayments are an extremely popular way to fund a mobile gambling hobby and there it's all thanks to how simple they are. Basically, all you need is a working mobile phone that has credit to make a payment – talk about simplicity and easiness! Plus, depositing by phone is very fast and the money reaches your casino account instantly: there is no lengthy information to input, no waiting around for funds to transfer through or be approved/processed.
Yup, absolutely any mobile phone will do. Of course, you'd want a smartphone to be able to access mobile casinos, but the model and make of your device doesn't matter at all. The one thing that does matter is that you're connected to the internet: based on how you're connected (mobile or broadband wi-fi), you'll get to a 1-step or 3-step payment screen.
- Input your phone number or send a code to number shown on mobile screen
- Authorise the payment via SMS confirmation
- You're ready to play mobile slots!
The total amount that you deposit is added to your monthly service bill (charged to Payforit or to a specific mobile casino aka ‘merchant') or deducted from the credit you had available if you're a prepaid user. What's especially great is that the final amount that will be charged is clearly displayed on your screen, so you're never unpleasantly surprised about hidden fees, extra charges or incorrect amounts.
Don't be mistaken – although Payforit is an organisation that's run by just four of the major UK networks, users of any and all UK mobile networks and virtual operators (e.g. Lebara or Virgin) can take advantage and make deposits via Payforit. In fact, any UK based mobile phone number is supported by Payforit – how awesome is that?
Pros and cons of Payforit
There are good and bad sides to everything in this world and Payforit is not any different. Although we strongly favour mobile phone billing when we play at mobile casinos, have a read through our comprehensive pros and cons to make a decision that best fits your own gambling needs.
Pros of Payforit
- It's safe – you might worry about the safety of Payforit, but there really is absolutely nothing to worry about. There is no need to provide any personal information, credit card numbers or sensitive passwords. All communication is encrypted and highly protected
- It's regulated – micropayments aren't a no-mans land; in fact they are regulated by PhonepayPlus, which is a subsidiary of OfCom. They set out a Code of Practise which is packed with rules and regulations that all parties involved must follow
- It's super-easy – in just one or three quick steps, you can be well on your way to playing at your favourite mobile casino. With no accounts, long winded numbers, passwords or lengthy depositing procedures, Payforit is one of the easiest depositing methods humanity could possibly think of
- It's fast – there will never be any of sitting around, waiting for a deposit to arrive. Money reaches your casino account instantly and can be used immediately too
- It's free – using Payforit is absolutely free, as there are no fees to be reckoned with. This is an obvious advantage over bank cards that have transaction fees and most e-wallets that will charge you either percentages or flat fees for every single transaction
Cons of Payforit
- It can be limiting – usually, there are limits as to how much you can deposit in a single transaction and per day using Payforit. Some casinos have extremely low minimum transactions of just £1.5, but they usually start with at least £5 or £10, but go only to £30 a day as the maximum spending threshold. This could be quite limiting to those mobile gamblers, who are accustomed to spending more
- It can get tedious – needless to say, when you deposit via your mobile phone, there will come a time when you need to make a withdrawal. Since your mobile phone bill cannot be charged with credit, you'll have to choose a different method to get money in. Often, this can mean getting a snail mail cheque, which unfortunately can take weeks
- It can be unfair – certain online casinos will exclude the players who use mobile phone billing from their special offers, bonuses and promotions. We see this as predatory and will never, ever feature these casinos on our site so you can play happy
- It can be annoying – that's especially true when you find yourself bombarded with text messages that follow up your purchase. Some casinos will inadvertently obtain your consent to send you marketing materials as you make a deposit through Payforit, but you can always ignore them or use the STOP button (won't be charged at a premium rate)
Top 3 Phone Bill (Payforit) Casinos
1. Spin Genie
Long time a favourite of ours, Spin Genie are one of the best mobile casinos when it comes to ensuring that you have an absolute best gambling experience. Not only do they have the newest and the best game titles from developers such as NetEnt, but they also pride themselves on having an incredibly transparent and easy to use banking system.
Unique software and games that you cannot find anywhere else is what mFortune mobile casino specialises in. Every new game they release comes with a fantastic free £8 bonus funds and features gameplay that's inventive and engaging at the same time. There is little wonder then that mFortune casino and their games are some of the most popular among MobileSlots4U readers!
Arguably one of the very first mobile casinos ever, LadyLucks is a place that you can get lost in for weeks and months. Even years! You'll receive a generous welcome bonus of free £20 when you first register, will be pampered with regular promotions and will be entitled to play games such as video slots, progressive jackpots, casino table games, scratchcards and more. And when you need to make a deposit, rest assured that Payforit makes it extremely simple.