Great – you’ve decided to embark on the journey that is mobile slots! But where do you even start? With so much information about it online, hundreds upon hundreds of online casinos, and thousands of mobile games, it can be confusing to say the least. So I’m here to help you navigate: from counting down the best online casinos, to telling you how to conveniently deposit using your mobile phone, to finding the largest progressive jackpots out there and everything in between – this blog will be the only resource you’ll ever need to start playing mobile slots and become really good at it!
The Two Essential Things
First things first, mobile gambling isn’t possible without a mobile phone with internet connection and a method of payment to fund your gaming. Let’s break these two elements down further:
1. A mobile device connected to the internet
As you can probably gather from the name, mobile slots are simply games that are crafted for mobile devices such as mobile phones and tablets. As opposed to non-portable desktop computers, mobile devices are easy to transport and can travel with you wherever, allowing you to enjoy mobile slots from pretty much everywhere in the world.
Actually, that brings us to the second variable – internet. You probably couldn’t play slots from the top of Mount Fuji, unless you can connect to some divine wifi connection. Luckily, your mobile phone provider will have decent wifi coverage pretty much everywhere else you can think of and you’ll just have to worry about not exceeding your data plan by playing slots all of the time.
Tablets are another great way to enjoy mobile slots. They’ve got a bigger screen, which can maximise your entertainment without sacrificing portability that much. Of course, you can’t put it in your pocket and go, but tablets come in handy when you’ve up and about your house, for example. So, if you’ve got yourself a mobile phone with a data plan or a tablet that uses your home wifi, you’re one step further in your quest to enjoy playing mobile slots.
2. A way to pay
Then, you’ll need a way to fund your escapades, of course. Playing mobile slots doesn’t come free. Well, it can if you always play in demo mode, but sooner or later, you’ll want to spend some to earn some. That’s when having an easy way to deposit funds into your casino account will become important.
And these days, it’s not just credit and debit cards that you can use. While I will explain every and each of these methods in more depth in later articles of this guide, I just wanted to let you know that there are dozens, if not hundreds, of ways to deposit at casinos: from e-wallets, to pre-paid vouchers that you buy with cash, to electronic payment systems such as PayPal and even mobile phone billing.
Generally speaking, depositing at mobile casinos is very easy and doesn’t take long at all. As a general rule, depositing is absolutely free and instantaneous – how convenient is that? Meanwhile, withdrawing your winnings from mobile casinos is a whole different ballgame, so watch out for an article on that really soon. Lastly, keep in mind that once you pass a pre-set threshold sum when you deposit at a casino, you will need to officially identify yourself to the management by sending in a copy of your passport or drivers licence, which is designed to prevent money laundering.
Next Step: Choosing Where and What To Play
Once you’ve got your trusty mobile device that’s connected to the internet and a way to pay for your gaming sessions, you’ll obviously need to pick a mobile casino and some (or many) games that you want to play. Here is where things get a little more complicated, because there are literally hundreds of online casinos and thousands of mobile slots out there.
1. What are the important things to look for in a good online casino?
Where do we even begin! There are so many variables when it comes to online casinos, some of them that can depend on personal preference and some reflecting good practice and industry standards. Here are a few pointers:
- The compatibility of the casino with your mobile device – how does the mobile casino actually work on your phone/tablet?
- The welcome bonus package that’s offered – do you want a large sum handed to you, yet be intertwined with terms and conditions?
- The software that the casino features – which developers does the casino have games from?
- The promotions that are available – how important is it for you to have weekly, monthly or seasonal promotions to participate in?
- The banking methods that you can use – does the casino accept your preferred method of depositing?
- The speed of withdrawing funds from your account – how long does it take for the casino to pay out your winnings?
- The regulation and security of the site/your money – is the casino regulated by the UK Gambling Commission?
2. How should I pick my perfect mobile slot?
Actually, you shouldn’t pick a casino first and your favourite slots second. The two steps are kind of meant to be taken together: imagine if your favourite games aren’t offered at the online casino you choose? So, it’s best that you pick your favourite game(s) based on the following criteria and then verify that the casino(s) you want to commit to have the games available:
- The compatibility with your mobile device – does the game work on your mobile phone or tablet?
- The design of the slot – do you want the best, cutting-edge design or are you OK with a classic game?
- The volatility of the machine – how much risk do you want to take?
- The return-to-player percentage – do you want to play for fun or to win as much money as possible?
- The presence of a progressive jackpot – does your perfect slot need to have a massive jackpot that you could win?#
- The features of the game – how feature-heavy do you want the game to be?
A Quick Word On Bonuses And Promotions
Absolute integral parts of the online and mobile gambling industry are the bonuses and the promotions that are offered to players. Be it a welcome bonus that’s meant to lure players in or a promotion to celebrate some sort of a holiday, there are so many bonuses and promotions at casinos that you can quickly lose track. But you shouldn’t take any of them at face value as they’ve often laden with terms and conditions that you should always read carefully.
And if you don’t want to spend hours and hours, picking and choosing which bonuses and promotions to accept and which ones to refuse, why not just trust someone, like Mobile Slots 4U, to do the legwork for you? I will always publish the best and the newest deals that are available at casinos, explain every condition of the bonus/promotion and give you honest advice if you should take the casino up on it or better give it a miss.
There’s much, much more to online casino bonuses and promotions than meets the eye or than I can explain in a few brief paragraphs. That’s why you should keep an eye on Martina’s Mobile Slots Blog to read the full series of articles on casino bonuses and promotions that will follow shortly.